Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Day of School

I was pretty nervous for the first day of school.  I haven't been in a classroom setting with a bunch of new faces I've never seen or met before in a while.  So I was getting pretty anxious that I wouldn't make friends too easily or feel like an outcast or just be socially awkward.

My classmates are all pretty interesting and have great personalities and great energy.  I just feel like I'm not in my comfort zone with all these girls (there are two guys in my class!  One is a douche kinda guy and the other is gay) and I let my introverted-ness shine.  It's okay, I hope to get out and be more outgoing throughout this year or so with them.  I will be seeing 'em for the next how many weeks so I've GOT to get comfortable.  At least everyone is friendly.  I know that'll make the process of feeling comfortable that much easier.

Turns out I'm the token Asian in the class.  Everyone also seems to be married or still pretty young.  I feel so bland compared to everyone.  It's okay, I'll shine when I get a chance to, right?  We all will.

I think the most stressful part of the day was getting out kits and unwrapping and organizing everything.  It was a LOT of shit that we had to cram into a little box.  I'm really going to hate lugging all my equipment to and from school.  Public Trans Lifeeeee -_- Luckily I got my Pops to pick me up because I really had too much crap to carry with me.  At least my load will be bearable tomorrow.
---------

I felt the jealously awaken in me today.  I don't really feel like getting into the DETAILS details of it... but yeah.  WHY must I feel so little and insignificant at times.  This is the neverending battle with me.  Chin up, girl!!!!!!  I need more positive reinforcements in my life.

I've had this killer headache since I got out of class... I'mma shower and lay down.  Day two tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment